Convair L-13 (Consolidated Vulter) Grasshopper

DSC06476

War Eagles Air Museum, Santa Teresa, New Mexico
This aircraft was developed as part of a contract competition near
the end of World War II.  It lost out, but was intended as an observation
and ambulance aircraft (as well as other light uses).  Roughly 300 of
these aircraft were built.  Often referred to as the Stinson L-13.  Stinson was
a subsidiary of Convair, when Stinson was sold to Piper in 1948 the L-13 rights
remained with Convair.  It has been used extensively in bush flying.


© Robert Barnes 2017