DeHaviland-DH-82A Tiger Moth

War Eagles Air Museum, Santa Teresa, New Mexico
The Tiger Moth entered service in 1931.  By the start of the
Second World War more than 1,000 were in service as trainers.
They were decommissioned from the British Royal Air Force 
Training Command in 1947.  The canvas over the rear cockpit
is a blind flying hood, used in instrument training.

© Robert Barnes 2017-2018